• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Going direct in spite of contract restrictions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before anyone else asks, did you specifically Opt Out of the agency regulations and was this done before you were introduced to the client. If you didn't the 12 month clause is illegal and invalid.

Comment

Well yes and no.

I did opt out but only after I was introduced to the client (I've never been in this position before so it wasn't a big deal at the time). The trick is that the agent worded the initial documentation in such a way that it appears I opted out before I was introduced. So it would be my word against their documentation.

Comment

Originally posted by Back In Business
        Well yes and no.

I did opt out but only after I was introduced to the client (I've never been in this position before so it wasn't a big deal at the time). The trick is that the agent worded the initial documentation in such a way that it appears I opted out before I was introduced. So it would be my word against their documentation.
        Thats the end of that arguing angle then.

The only way forward is to get all the parties involved to agree some sort of payoff to the agent, there should be something in the agent-client agreement with the figures. In practice it will probably soon become too much hastle for the client manager and it'll be either stick with the current agent or walk.

Comment

Working...
        X