• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Double Employment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

This is why I don't update my profile until after the gig has finished.
    Exactly and also don't connect anyone from current client so they won't see you are looking for another gig (incase you are)

Comment

I have certainly had contracts where 95% of the time I could have done two contracts. Problem is once in a while they will want you to attend a meeting, answer a question or do a piece of work urgently and if you can't they are going to ask why when you are being paid for being available for them. If they start digging and withholding payments then you are in trouble.

Obviously if both clients are aware then knock yourself out and in all honesty you will probably get away with it but there is a risk.

Comment

Working...
      X