• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is a contractor assessment required?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is a contractor assessment required?

Hi All.

New contract offered via agency. Outside IR35 status determined by the client.

My question is do I need to get this reviewed by a 3rd party? In the past I have used QDOS. The agency claims QDOS already reviewed it on their side. Given that the oness is now on the end client / agency to get this right is there a need for me to get this looked at?

Thanks for your help.

Oness should be onus.

That aside, there's no harm in having it checked - send it to QDOS with the cover letter stating that the client have deemed it outside, is there anything that I need to be concerned about. While HMRC will come for them, you don't want to suddenly get punted if they do.

Similarly you want to make sure that you adhere to the outside IR35 working practices that the client have set out for you (and if they haven't, they probably should).
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

You should always get a (commercial) legal review of a contract. IR35 is almost always the least of your concerns.

However, regarding IR35, this is especially true now, as the responsibility and liability falls on the supply chain above YourCo (absent fraud and assuming there is a UK connection in the supply chain that is not a small company). However, watch out for clauses that attempt to shift tax liabilities, especially to you personally (even if they are unlikely to succeed).

Comment

Working...
      X