• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Help / Need advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help / Need advice

hi all,
    i believe some of you contractors have been in the same situation before....
    I resigned my permie position with a plan to do contracting
    And i found some long ones... 300/day contract.
    Then came a bank offering 55 K for a permie position and a betting company offering 58K again for permie position......

If technologies used are the same in all 3 places, where would you go?
    Banking - banking experience is invaluable
    Betting - emerging and hot sector
    Contract - still the freedom of being your own boss..

has anyone came across this situation?

any advices?

thanks all , pls don't flame me..

Marco

go with either of the permie roles - carry out a salami attack - retire to the location of your dreams (preferably one with no extradition treaty)...

HTH

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

If you are young enough (I presume you are otherwise you wouldn't get the offer) go with banking. Experience in finance is good throughout the industry, though the converse is not true.

The betting business was tainted even before the septic got stroppy and protectionist. The subject and technology is interesting though. Long term prospects are not that rosy and there may be a stigma attached.
      Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Ask for 400 a day - if they say yes - take it.
        If they say no - go and work for the bank, as long as it is genuine city experience and not some backwater. I wouldn't touch the gamblers except on contract, too volatile, poor image, you could be out very quickly if the legislation changes.
        HTH

Comment

Working...
        X