• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor 'Conduct'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contractor 'Conduct'

My current predicament is to go back into contracting after 4 years in a Secondary school, the job turned stale and then sour so I've jumped ship to escape an increasingly toxic situation with management.

I had a contract lined up which I was told would start this week, they're stalling and I've been told my login details for starting the training would be given to me 'soon' - pretty frustrating!

This contracting role should last four months and pays nicely so I'm keen. Yesterday though I've scored a two month contract (ideally to tide me over while the original one is stalling) that's not paying brilliantly but it'll do in the meantime.

Basically my question is this: is it reasonable in the contracting world to take on a job and then jump ship to go to a better one with like a day's notice?? The ease with which I got this two month gig yesterday suggests yes it is, not ideal obviously but I'm guessing in the contracting world it's easy come easy go so to be expected in some instances. It could be a difficult email to write which I'm sure will result in the agent phoning me near immediately to ask 'WTF?!?!'

But as the four month contract I've had lined up has mucked me about I'm guessing contracting wise this is all par for the course right?!

Working...
X