• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mortgages

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cannon999 View Post
    I was refused a 10% deposit because I am not registered on the electoral poll.. literally the only reason - otherwise my credit score was 983
    Your credit score wasn't that with them otherwise they would have given you the mortgage.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I was refused a 10% deposit because I am not registered on the electoral poll.. literally the only reason - otherwise my credit score was 983
      You wouldn't have a credit score like that, being absent from the electoral roll. Something smells there. Anyway, you don't know which company they are going to use for the credit check (some banks consistently use the same company, but many ask one of several companies) and none of the banks look at the scores you see - they have their own scoring systems based on the contents of the credit report.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Your credit score wasn't that with them otherwise they would have given you the mortgage.
        And yet I am registered with experian and that's what they are telling me. I have signed up to their pro plan and it says I can gain the remaining 17 points by resolving the electoral roll issue. But I am sure you know better. They did give me the mortgage, just 15%, not 10%.
        Last edited by cannon999; 2 February 2021, 13:47.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          You wouldn't have a credit score like that, being absent from the electoral roll. Something smells there. Anyway, you don't know which company they are going to use for the credit check (some banks consistently use the same company, but many ask one of several companies) and none of the banks look at the scores you see - they have their own scoring systems based on the contents of the credit report.
          I can only go by what experian tell me. Yes that's what I was told by the broker. They also said that after contacting the bank that even though my financial score was excellent it was not perfect due to address history and they can only do 10% for someone with a perfect score.

Comment

I can only go by what experian tell me. Yes that's what I was told by the broker. They also said that after contacting the bank that even though my financial score was excellent it was not perfect due to address history and they can only do 10% for someone with a perfect score.
            That is a bit harsh though. There's lots of reasons why people move and don't register on the electoral roll. To turn down a person with an otherwise perfect credit history does sound like they're looking for reasons to decline.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              That is a bit harsh though. There's lots of reasons why people move and don't register on the electoral roll. To turn down a person with an otherwise perfect credit history does sound like they're looking for reasons to decline.
              It is very harsh but that's the reality right now. My credit history is f7cking perfect and long running. The interest rates right now are also extortionate. Best I could get was 3.15% with 15% deposit.

Comment

It is very harsh but that's the reality right now. My credit history is f7cking perfect and long running. The interest rates right now are also extortionate. Best I could get was 3.15% with 15% deposit.
                The comparatively small deposit is probably your main issue - that's definitely been trailed in the press, particularly for the self-employed. Worried about a post-pandemic crash, negative equity and lack of work, I suppose.

Comment

I looked a few weeks ago, 2.08% fixed for 2 years with 20% deposit or 2.27%for 5 years, from CMME. That was after some time out, just need to get the renewal in Feb sorted first.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymouse View Post
                    I looked a few weeks ago, 2.08% fixed for 2 years with 20% deposit or 2.27%for 5 years, from CMME. That was after some time out, just need to get the renewal in Feb sorted first.
                    That extra 5% deposit makes a significant difference

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      That extra 5% deposit makes a significant difference
                      Yup. 20% is the magic number to reach a good variety of options, generally speaking.

Comment

Working...
                      X