• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sort of Same Client - Diff Agency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sort of Same Client - Diff Agency

Right.

Got another interview tommorrow for [company A].

Now, during my last contract I was contracted to [company B] but worked at the [company A] offices. This contract is at the same offices, but through a diff agency and for [company A] directly.

1. Could the original agency ask for cash off me (although [company A] were never a client of the agency but could argue I was "introduced" through them). Also I never had a contract with the agency...I finished before they got one out to me so we never bothered.

2. I suppose this doesnt affect the travel expenses as the contract was never at this location "offically" i worked in London. Or does it work on where you worked not where your contract says you were based.

3. Any IR35 etc issues that I need to be made aware of other than the usuals.

Ah, also ... 15% rate increase
    Last edited by Sockpuppet; 29 January 2007, 21:43.

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
    Right.

Got another interview tommorrow for ***.

Now, during my last contract I was contracted to *** but worked at the *** offices. This contract is at the same offices, but through a diff agency and for *** directly.

1. Could the original agency ask for cash off me (although *** were never a client of the agency but could argue I was "introduced" through them). Also I never had a contract with the agency...I finished before they got one out to me so we never bothered.

2. I suppose this doesnt affect the travel expenses as the contract was never at this location "offically" i worked in London. Or does it work on where you worked not where your contract says you were based.

3. Any IR35 etc issues that I need to be made aware of other than the usuals.

Ah, also ... 15% rate increase
    Wouldnt worry about it. If the agent never had a contract with *** they would struggle to prove they had a hand in you getting this gig.

[edit]To conform with crusty socks wishes.
    Last edited by The Lone Gunman; 30 January 2007, 08:09.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Aye. I am just being paranoid as I think the logistics market is even smaller than the top end IT market so eventually they will find out I was there after I worked there for them but in a different capacity.

Comment

sock - peice of advise, never declare your client or agency names, these things always come back to bite you in the a$$

Comment

I reckon you're OK for 2 reasons:

They didn't bother drawing up a written contract so it would be hard for them to argue that they meant there to be an exclusivity clause. There is such a thing as an implied contract, but they only cover the basics.

The two companies you're talking about are separate - I don't think they belong to the same parent or anything like that.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown
            sock - peice of advise, never declare your client or agency names, these things always come back to bite you in the a$$
            I have no idea what you are talking about....

*thanks to some swift editing*

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
              I have no idea what you are talking about....

*thanks to some swift editing*
              youll have to get the gunman to edit his post also as it mentions ***..............doh..............
              Last edited by HankWangford; 30 January 2007, 00:12.
              whats the lowest you can do this for?

Comment

Here was me thinking that I had dodged the bullet.

Comment

"Got another interview tommorrow for [company A]."

Maccy D's hiring again then?

Just out of interest, when have you managed to go for an interview considering you have spent every last minute posting on here????!?!?!?!??!!!!
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Tommorrow

Comment

Working...
                    X