• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How can we fight back against Infosys, TCS and other Indian consultancies?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is the IT skills still on the shortage occupation list. We need more doctors and nurses not IT people.
    My guess is people who put these in shortage list have no idea about IT.

Comment

another giant falls
      infosys signs deal with vanguard worth $1.5billion
      Vanguard And Infosys Announce Strategic Partnership

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyQuinn View Post
        The IR35 policy was announced by not the chancellor before Sunak, but the chancellor before that as well. Philip Hammond. He just happens to be chancellor when the due date arrived.
        The drugs policy was set before she was a minister as well. Besides as a Chancellor he could have stopped this "reform" or change it, but he pushed a version that is favourable to big consultancies.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tartan Cottage View Post
          No, not when we are in business. But I’d argue that for permanent workers there should be some protection - i.e. the job should only be offered to an overseas candidate if a suitable resident candidate cannot be found.
          Probably you are not aware. This is a standard procedure for any company to sponsor a Visa. It has been in place for the past 2 decades. They have to show proof of local/regional/national advertisement, responses and its (un)suitability. But whether the company's claim is validated or not is questionable.

If you are in Finance domain, then build your own little "Excel Empire". That will keep you going as a contractor until retirement. You will become the darling of the PM & BAs. I have seen it in most of the big banks such as Barclays, Lloyds, HSBC, UBS you name it.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
            Probably you are not aware. This is a standard procedure for any company to sponsor a Visa. It has been in place for the past 2 decades. They have to show proof of local/regional/national advertisement, responses and its (un)suitability. But whether the company's claim is validated or not is questionable.

If you are in Finance domain, then build your own little "Excel Empire". That will keep you going as a contractor until retirement. You will become the darling of the PM & BAs. I have seen it in most of the big banks such as Barclays, Lloyds, HSBC, UBS you name it.
            And in my 20 years experience in banking not once has the outsourced company found a local resource to fill one of there teams vacancy - not once out of thousands of roles

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              Looks like contractors like us have been given some grace time by the Chinese. Without their Covid-19, the flights would have dumped thousands here in the UK.

In the next UK general election I will be voting for Jing Ping to reciprocate his kindness.

Comment

Shortage of tech skills and 600,000 job vacancies costing UK economy GBP63 billion a year - Workplace Insight

Shortage of tech skills and 600,000 job vacancies costing UK economy £63 billion a year
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                  Why is the IT skills still on the shortage occupation list. We need more doctors and nurses not IT people.
                  My guess is people who put these in shortage list have no idea about IT.
                  Visas can be issued without being challenged when the applicant belongs to one of those in the Skilled Occupation list.

I think they have included IT skills to limit opposition and to help those big firms.

Comment

Not surprised with you guys and girls bemoaning having to accept £1000/day for basic IT work.

Comment

Dated 2018. I think where I work now they have filled the 600,000 vacancies with InfoSys alone.

Comment

Working...
                      X