• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tank Recruitment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tank Recruitment

Am I correct in saying that I can ask for my details to be removed from an agency’s database?

This shower, above, are full of it and won’t go away. Block number (Truro?!) and they pop back up on an unknown number.

Originally posted by The Tartan Cottage View Post
    Am I correct in saying that I can ask for my details to be removed from an agency’s database?

This shower, above, are full of it and won’t go away. Block number (Truro?!) and they pop back up on an unknown number.
    You are absolutely correct in fact you can use Art. 17 GDPR (“right to be forgotten”), send that to tank's default email and next time they try to contact you, you can pretty much burn their feet on the fact they have breached the law.
    Last edited by BlackCountryContractor; 12 July 2020, 12:48. Reason: wrong link

Comment

Tank Recruitment

Originally posted by BlackCountryContractor View Post
      You are absolutely correct in fact you can use Art. 17 GDPR (“right to be forgotten”), send that to tank's default email and next time they try to contact you, you can pretty much burn their feet on the fact they have breached the law.
      It depends if they have a legitimate reason to retain the personal information.
      Right to be forgotten is also limited to personal information.

I would expect an agency you have worked for to retain some information on you for 7 years minimum.
      If you’ve not worked for them then the 7 year minimum is no longer valid.
      If you’ve applied for work with them and been unsuccessful they still have a right to retain for a period of time they deem reasonable ( and this is where it gets complex as there are no hard an fast rules).

If however they’ve just downloaded your CV from jobserve then you should be fine asking to be forgotten.

Look up DSAR on the ICO website.

Oh. And as for burning their feet with the scenario you describe it ain’t going to happen. There’s a process to follow and I guarantee the agency are well up to speed on it.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Thanks for the replies

Since I have never had a contract through Tank nor have I (AFAIK) been represented by Tank because
        1. The roles are fake
        2. I never give references

they should accede to my request and then go away. For good, hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tartan Cottage View Post
          Thanks for the replies

Since I have never had a contract through Tank nor have I (AFAIK) been represented by Tank because
          1. The roles are fake
          2. I never give references
          3. I am a Gricer sockie

they should accede to my request and then go away. For good, hopefully.
          FTFY

Comment

hey?

Comment

Its my understanding that Tank are linked to Roc Search so enough said.

Comment

Working...
              X