• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advise on contracting via another ltd company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xenomorph View Post
    Apart from payment terms is there anything else I should be aware of?
    Anything to cause problems.
    Yes insolvency of the other ltd company can cause major problems. Credit check the other ltd before even starting to talk about payment terms. They may be on 90 days payment terms with the end client you should never accept that, the worse their credit score the quicker you need your money.
    Get a clear SOW with well defined deliverables

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      Yes insolvency of the other ltd company can cause major problems. Credit check the other ltd before even starting to talk about payment terms. They may be on 90 days payment terms with the end client you should never accept that, the worse their credit score the quicker you need your money.
      Get a clear SOW with well defined deliverables
      Yes and even from a client perspective its not a good idea. Yes they may save money but if I left then how long would it take other person to find replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by xenomorph View Post
        Yes and even from a client perspective its not a good idea. Yes they may save money but if I left then how long would it take other person to find replacement.
        Not your concern.

You have to do what's best for you - they are doing what's best for them. As I said, if hey have to use an invoice factoring company to get you on to weekly pay, you'd probably have to accept a lower rate but at least you're actively mitigating the risk. That's no different to what most agencies anyway.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
        X