• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thomas Personality Tests

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thomas Personality Tests

I've just been asked to do two of these ridiculous personality tests for a permie role. The first was a test to see how much you can follow directions, how many hoops you will jump through, how much short term memory you have and if you will follow directions. There was 20 minutes of a flash app saying "Bob is shorter than mary" and then it would dissapear and the question would appear - "Who is taller, Bob or Mary?" Then there was another 30 minutes of identifiying what capital Rs match others when rotated and how many sets of letter match up.

The second was even worse, an amateur personality test asking me 75 times if I am more "trusting or vigorous?" Are you more pioneering or optimistic?

Maybe next they will ask me to send in a handwriting sample for analysis.

Two hours wasted, I almost hope I failed so I don't have to work with ******* who believe in those kind of tests..

Anyone had experience with this?
    Last edited by hairymouse; 28 April 2020, 14:02.

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
    I've just been asked to do two of these ridiculous personality tests for a permie role. The first was a test to see how much you can follow directions, how many hoops you will jump through, how much short term memory you have and if you will follow directions. There was 20 minutes of a flash app saying "Bob is shorter than mary" and then it would dissapear and the question would appear - "Who is taller, Bob or Mary?" Then there was another 30 minutes of identifiying what capital Rs match others when rotated and how many sets of letter match up.

The second was even worse, an amateur personality test asking me 75 times if I am more "trusting or vigorous?" Are you more pioneering or optimistic?

Maybe next they will ask me to send in a handwriting sample for analysis.

Two hours wasted, I almost hope I failed so I don't have to work with ******* who believe in those kind of tests..

Anyone had experience with this?
    I don't know the Thomas test but there is typically bugger all evidence base for these types of test.

Comment

"trusting or vigorous?"
      Employer sounds like a vigorous pigeon.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
        Employer sounds like a vigorous pigeon.
        That's my post-Apocalypse moniker sorted.

Comment

No point asking this load of chumps. Most of them think they've passed by even having a personality and even then they are just kidding themselves.

You need to find someone who's won an internationally recognised award for their personality to ask.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

If I don't get the job, I could do a subject matter request and see my score. Or just ask for my score.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              No point asking this load of chumps. Most of them think they've passed by even having a personality and even then they are just kidding themselves.

You need to find someone who's won an internationally recognised award for their personality to ask.
              What have you done with your personality in the past 9 years?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Lost it....

Comment

If I don't get the job, I could do a subject matter request and see my score. Or just ask for my score.
                  You might not like the answer......

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    PM me with who you would like him to be and how many times and I'll send you a quote.

Comment

Working...
                    X