• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Economic Crisis & Rate Reduction

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NeedTheSunshine View Post
    Sure they can't replace you without delivery uninterrupted. However, they can replace you. The market was not great before the whole covid 19 issue and it's abysmal now. So there may be some delivery delays if they replace you, but there will be cost savings. And the blame on the delivery delays can be allocated to covid 19. And there are many contractors out there who will be available to start immediately. Unless you're extra super special and have the most unique skill in the world.
    So you have to play it by ear.....
    As with all advice on here, we don't know the fuill story, nor the individual's circumstances.

I'm stating the position I'm in. And to be clear, if my client(s) thought they could deliver on time, AND save money, by either binning me or making me take a rate reduction then why haven't they?
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

If you do end up walking out over principal, PM me the name of the client so I can eat please.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
        So you have to play it by ear.....
        As with all advice on here, we don't know the fuill story, nor the individual's circumstances.

I'm stating the position I'm in. And to be clear, if my client(s) thought they could deliver on time, AND save money, by either binning me or making me take a rate reduction then why haven't they?
        I never said that they would do either. But you really aren't irreplaceable.

Comment

Originally posted by NeedTheSunshine View Post
          I never said that they would do either. But you really aren't irreplaceable.
          Never claimed to be. That’s called hubris.

I often recommend to clients that if they have anyone who thinks they’re irreplaceable, to replace them now rather than later.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

agent sent me yesterday an email saying client is reducing my rate from 600 to 400, and they're doing the same with all the contractors. It will be effective in one week (i don't like this as the notice is 1 month) and will last at least 3 months.

Comment

Originally posted by biergarten View Post
              agent sent me yesterday an email saying client is reducing my rate from 600 to 400, and they're doing the same with all the contractors. It will be effective in one week (i don't like this as the notice is 1 month) and will last at least 3 months.
              Given the current circumstances, I would want a fairly well formed plan before rejecting this. Particularly if you're now WFH with no expenses.

Comment

Have you had anything from the client direct to confirm this or is the agent gonna do a bodgit and scarper in a few months?
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  Given the current circumstances, I would want a fairly well formed plan before rejecting this. Particularly if you're now WFH with no expenses.

not thinking in rejecting it, more in negotiating it, at least the time. Expenses are minimal, just £7 a day.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    Have you had anything from the client direct to confirm this or is the agent gonna do a bodgit and scarper in a few months?
                    yeah, first thing to ask

Comment

I am quoting myself. I have still to negotiate the changes. I was thinking of telling them to keep the rate and work around 3'5 days a week, better than lowering the rate and working 5 days. But after reading the following (and not understanding half of it) I am not sure:

IR35 alert over Lloyds-style offers for 'non-essential' contractors to accept less work

any opinion?

Comment

Working...
                      X