• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to deal with dodgy agency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first contract I did I had horrible terms and like an inexperienced idiot I just quickly skimmed the contract. It was invoiced monthly on the 15th of the following month with 30 day terms. Meaning I started on the 3rd of September and my first invoice wasn't due until 15 November. Of course they ended up being late! but at that point I was so invested all I could do was hound them until they paid me sometime in December. Absolutely brutal but at least I got paid, always have. I was broke when I started that contract but thankfully had some credit cards I could rack up.

But yeah you have to look at your payment terms, the minimum payment terms I've seen is 10 days so it's really unlikely that you are owed the money yet even if you were able to invoice already. You really shouldn't harass them until the invoice is past due.

Comment

Have to be extra careful when contract opportunities are few and far between. Agencies often work like ponzi schemes.
      If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

Originally posted by mos View Post
        Have to be extra careful when contract opportunities are few and far between. Agencies often work like ponzi schemes.
        Agency recruiter here - not ALL agencies are bad! Do your due diligence, ask your network & check reviews online: 99.9% of the time you will hear the same names of 2 or 3 reputable agencies. These agencies are the ones to use; there is a reason why they’ve stood the test of time :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
        X