• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which sites apart from Jobserve?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which sites apart from Jobserve?

I've never had much luck with Monster or IT Job Board.

What sites do people use most nowadays?

Originally posted by OneManBand View Post
    I've never had much luck with Monster or IT Job Board.

What sites do people use most nowadays?
    I am occasionally dropping over at SimplyHired, used it a bit and looks nice. To be honest, we all know there is no magic here. The same agents push to multiple websites so you'll pretty much see the same jobs all over the place, Monster is not good, never heard of IT Job board (but will check it). cw and totaljobs are now sleeping together I guess, glassdoor jobs, linkedin jobs.... etc. etc.

Comment

Haven't applied via a job site for the past 5 years - for better or for worse LinkedIn has worked wonders for me.

A well curated profile (no stupid content or narcissistic profile pic) has done me well; what's better is the effort is all on the agent/client side. LinkedIn can be a little noisy (if there's a gig going and 5 agencies have been tasked with hiring you'll hear about it from all of them...); but for my sector it gives a real insight into the ebb-and flow of the current state of the market. This is a study of one so your experience may vary.

Comment

Totaljobs. since Jobsite merged with them they have improved a lot with suitable contracts Monster, technojobs and IT jobboard are cr@p. Linkedin has a lot of rubbish on it as well, although you can now search on contracts, what you find in 75% of cases is rubbish, such as 45 days old jobs (even though it says added in the last day) copied on there, linked through all sorts of dodgy jobboards, where you have to register to be able to be linked through to the next dodgy website to find the job doesn't exist, is very old or you have to register again to be linked even further.

Comment

Never had any experience with LinkedIn people/jobs.

When I have 'applied', it has been through Jobserve, only because I like the look and functionality of that one over and above all others. And since the jobs are duplicated elsewhere, I don't look elsewhere.

That said, when I get calls from agents, it is invariably as a result of my CV having been found via Jobsite and Monster...!

I still pop a CV up at CW Jobs but I think this is more down to habit than anything else. Nothing has Ever happened via that portal for me.

Haven't applied for a long time but I do think random applying may take you to clients otherwise not experienced before - especially if your contact base essentially asks you to return to the same four or five places.

Comment

Most recent roles been through LinkedIn. Search facility ain't too great but works.

Comment

So I've just tried using LinkedIn to search for jobs for the first time today and it's rubbish! I put in similar search parameters to what I enter in Jobserve, Technojobs and Cwjobs and almost all the results were irrelevant. And not niche stuff either - 'Java' in 'Manchester'. Even gives me perm jobs when I've selected contract. Terrible.

Comment

it all becomes on big spam fest.....
                clients writing job specs they think look impressive but don't reflect the requirements.
                Candidates writing CV's they think the clients want to read.
                in the middle are the agents talking utter bollocks to everyone about everything.

its a shock that anyone actual get any work done.

Comment

Working...
                X