• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Retrospect with client manager?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retrospect with client manager?

My contract is running to an end soon and I was thinking to ask the Client Manager to retrospect on the last few months that we worked together. From my side this contract was a bit **** and also my collaboration with the CM. I'm sure from his side, it's sort of the same.
    But in your experience, is it ever worth doing a retrospective with the CM? Or just forget what happened, say bah-bye and move on?

I usually ask for any feedback. It can be useful.

However any feedback I give it always positive.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
      However any feedback I give it always positive.
      Even if you had a bad experience? What's the point?

Comment

Originally posted by dogquoteplus View Post
        My contract is running to an end soon and I was thinking to ask the Client Manager to retrospect on the last few months that we worked together. From my side this contract was a bit **** and also my collaboration with the CM. I'm sure from his side, it's sort of the same.
        But in your experience, is it ever worth doing a retrospective with the CM? Or just forget what happened, say bah-bye and move on?
        Do you need them for anything? If not, walk away.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Do you need them for anything? If not, walk away.
          Not really.

I was just asking on what do people normally do.

Comment

You should be aware how the gig went, which it appears you did. That's all you need. Shake his hand, thank him and tell them you'd be happy to work with them again, feel free to give you a call. Walk out the door whistling.

No more complicated than that.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Not really.

I was just asking on what do people normally do.
              I don't bother.

Comment

Sounds like a permie mindset to me. If they think you did a good job, they extend you. If they think you're tulip, they usually bin you. What more do you need to know?

360 feedback is for permies.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  You should be aware how the gig went, which it appears you did. That's all you need. Shake his hand, thank him and tell them you'd be happy to work with them again, feel free to give you a call. Walk out the door whistling.

No more complicated than that.
                  Don't forget to empty the stationary cupboard as well
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I've been known to write what I call 'exit reports" for my client contact detailing what's done, not done, who to talk to, what has gone well, not so well and I leave some recommendations.

Interpersonal ones are given over a coffee on my last day verbally.

Always frame it as constructive criticism.

IMO that's a consultant's mindset.

I like to leave the world in a better way compared to how I found it and I want the client to go on and do well after I've gone.

Comment

Working...
                    X