• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moving to Dubai

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
    Dubai has now announced this. Looks like time for me to pack my bags!

Investors, innovators, artists to get UAE citizenship: Sheikh Mohammed - News | Khaleej Times
    Forget citizenship, most people don't need it and you really don't want it.

If you make a success of your business, then you can get long term visa's, up to 10 years, longer if you are over 50 or 55.

The citizenship test requires that you can speak fluent arabic, and not many UK nationals will be in that position.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

Looks interesting:

Dubai launches new remote-work visa – how to apply

The problem you will probably face is how to invoice your customers from a business in Dubai. You'll need advice from an accountant in the UK and in Dubai.
      This is important yes, but ultimately it's up to your client to agree, then the issue is for them. In practice, my client simply said it would be easier because of IR35. There is a VAT requirement in Dubai of 5%, but if your client is outside the UAE, then VAT doesn't apply, although you still have to register, much like the UK, and declare no UAE sales. That is your only requirement for business accounting, everything else is handled by the requirements of your work permit with the free zone.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post

Yes. Correct. If I understand correctly, Greece golden visa requires at least €250K which will eventually lead to citizenship in 7 years time. But this one doesn't seem to have such limiting factors. I could be wrong though.
        If you choose to go as an investor, you are required to purchase a property. When I last checked, the minimum requirement was AED 1 million, which gave you a visa of between 6 months and 2 years. I would imagine the requirement for citizenship would be much higher, so the €250K for Greece would be more favourable.

Comment

Working...
        X