• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moving to Dubai

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jbond007
    replied
    Originally posted by Jolie View Post
    My main long-term client has agreed that I can service my contract from Dubai.

I have a UK Ltd and rented office space. I intend to close these and either start a company, or use one of the local umbrella companies.

I will be selling up and moving permanently. I live alone, don't intend to return to the UK to live and will have no property or other financial ties that could attract tax.

I would be interested to hear views from others who have done this / considering doing this and maybe help others along the way.
    What nationality are you ? You need a visa to live in Dubai, employment visa being the most common one. For that, you need to be employed by someone in Dubai.

Other types of visa are dependent visa, but you said you live alone, I interpret that as being single so couldn't get dependent visa

If you own a property in Dubai, you could get a visa via your property but you need to also show a minimum income from other sources as well (interest from savings, overseas property rental income, etc)

Unless ofcourse you are national of the UAE, in which case none of the above matters.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Jolie View Post

I have a UK Ltd and rented office space. I intend to close these and either start a company, or use one of the local umbrella companies.

I will be selling up and moving permanently. I live alone, don't intend to return to the UK to live and will have no property or other financial ties that could attract tax.

I would be interested to hear views from others who have done this / considering doing this and maybe help others along the way.
    Another job for...

Sue@ipaye

Give her a call.

Leave a comment:

• Jolie
    started a topic Moving to Dubai

Moving to Dubai

Working...
X