• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CV gap - agency asking for bank statements

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
    Solution: close the gaps on your CV. Easier than all this bollocks.
    Sense at last!

Comment

Originally posted by rogerthedodger View Post
      Sense at last!
      How is that sense? If you are going through reference checks that's going to be picked up and you are caught supply false information. Financial and many other clients really like contractors misrepresenting information on their CVs, not.

Comment

Originally posted by NCOTBAC View Post
        How is that sense? If you are going through reference checks that's going to be picked up and you are caught supply false information. Financial and many other clients really like contractors misrepresenting information on their CVs, not.
        She didn't say tell lies, she said close the gaps.......you can do that very briefly with whatever is true and suits. You do marketing and CPD, don't you?

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          Getting your foot in the door is the key. Whatever works for you. But if you had a three month gig from November last year to February this year, 2017-2018 gives a false impression of it for me.
          Originally posted by rogerthedodger View Post
          She didn't say tell lies, she said close the gaps.......you can do that very briefly with whatever is true and suits. You do marketing and CPD, don't you?
          I use almost the same approach as rogerthedodger not because of I want to close the gaps.
          Technically it is very easy to close all of them as some projects could be unpaid ones, plan B, open-source projects etc. But it makes me a bit humiliated if I do that in very reporting and naked way.

Even if a three month gig gives a false 1.5-2 years gig impression why does it matter if there is 5, 10, 15 years related experience?
          If market so addicted with these gaps then only those with 2-5 years experience will suffice. Just because of sooner or later an experienced contractor will take significant breaks.

Comment

There is no legal requirement for you to notify your bank that you are in prison

If you are on remand there are no restrictions on the types of banking transaction you can make. You can continue to make any personal or business transactions that you would ordinarily make.

Managing an external bank account while in prison
            Managing an external bank account while in prison - theInfoHub by Unlock | for people with convictions and criminal recordstheInfoHub by Unlock | for people with convictions and criminal records

I do not see any sense in asking bank statements. It demonstrates nothing.

If that about screening then that should be treated more straight-forward.
            Get a copy of your police records
            https://www.gov.uk/copy-of-police-records
            https://www.acro.police.uk/subject_access.aspx
            P.S.
            acro:
            The certificate details whether or not the applicant has a criminal record in the United Kingdom and is required as part of the visa process by the respective high commission or embassy.
            The Police Certificate is not intended for use to gain employment within the UK or to emigrate to the UK.
            Which one is intended then?

That kids in agencies make me seek. The most unprofessional occupation.
            Last edited by FK1; 11 July 2018, 00:53.

Comment

Originally posted by FK1 View Post
              I use almost the same approach as rogerthedodger not because of I want to close the gaps.
              Technically it is very easy to close all of them as some projects could be unpaid ones, plan B, open-source projects etc. But it makes me a bit humiliated if I do that in very reporting and naked way.

Even if a three month gig gives a false 1.5-2 years gig impression why does it matter if there is 5, 10, 15 years related experience?
              If market so addicted with these gaps then only those with 2-5 years experience will suffice. Just because of sooner or later an experienced contractor will take significant breaks.
              Can someone translate this for me please?

Comment

Originally posted by NCOTBAC View Post
                Can someone translate this for me please?
                Basically his attitude is to be “economical with the truth”, don’t quote the month of the year you were at a client, but just the year. So a 3 month contract from 01/12/14 to 01/03/15 would go on the CV as 2014-2015, which, if you did nothing else for those years might imply that you were there for 2 full years, not 3 months.

If you’re going to do that, then I’d suggest the CV should be a list of years with a list of clients per year. No point in going into detail, and you don’t want to give the agent/client any information that might be pertinent.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Basically his attitude is to be “economical with the truth”, don’t quote the month of the year you were at a client, but just the year. So a 3 month contract from 01/12/14 to 01/03/15 would go on the CV as 2014-2015, which, if you did nothing else for those years might imply that you were there for 2 full years, not 3 months.

If you’re going to do that, then I’d suggest the CV should be a list of years with a list of clients per year. No point in going into detail, and you don’t want to give the agent/client any information that might be pertinent.
                  Straight in the bin, doesn't get an interview. Simples.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

They may make you "seek" but is deliberately concealing and lying on your CV the most professional thing to do?
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

That's stretching the definition somewhat..

Comment

Working...
                      X