• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Direct client wants to switch to agency... umm help?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Untouchable1 View Post
    I don't really see what the issue is here.

They are just using them to manage some admin....
    I'm not seeing the issue either - steevo is still getting the same rate, the client is paying a little more per role but ultimately less in terms of overall costs to process and the agency gets a small fee for doing the work.

Everyone wins (or at least stays the same)...

Comment

I would insist to remove any handcuffs clauses from an agency contract (both) as you are already in the relationship. Your client should be interested in it as well.

There is no introduction and agency efforts to get you connected. So why client and you should make that gift to the agency? If that is about just simplifying Admin work so be it.

Comment

Originally posted by steeevvo View Post
        >.

My concerns re: HMRC - there can be no doubt that they have their eyes set on on PSCs in the private sector. The legislation brought in a few years ago which means that agencies and intermediaries are required to report all payments made where Paye is not deducted is indicative (to me at least) that hmrc are building a hit list. All it takes is one defining win in the courts and everybody on that list is a target.
        Did an agent tell you this fairy tale ? As clearly not true

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
          Did an agent tell you this fairy tale ? As clearly not true
          It was designed to radar IR35

Why the new legislation was introduced
          It https://www.gov.uk/government/public...was-introduced

The Income Tax (Pay As You Earn) (Amendment No. 2) Regulations 2015 give HMRC information that enables it to decrease false self-employment and abuse of offshore working. This will help HMRC to:

support intermediaries that comply
          penalise intermediaries that don’t comply
          make sure the right tax and National Insurance is paid by people working through intermediaries
          reduce unfair commercial advantage

Comment

It’s not an IR35 “hit list” it’s a list of those working within IR35 and those outside IR35 if you are working outside IR35 (with ipse or another insurance in place) forget about it

Comment

Working...
            X