• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Workplace - Sexual Harrassment (Article)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep this thread professional please.

It was left here for a reason.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Not any more, but I'm really old now, lol! I don't miss the sleazy behaviours one bit. I can say with certainty that many of my much younger female colleagues get this sort of tulip all the time though and it is always unwelcome, and occasionally scary for them.

It was an issue in my twenties. Sexual harassment, blatant sexism, you name it. I used to work for a law firm in Manchester, where one of the senior partners used to refer to his departments secretarial pool as his 'hounds'. He used to ask them to get up on the desk and do a dance for him (no joking or irony).

I also used to work for ICL and had a few major issues with certain male colleagues behaviours but I wouldn't have thought of raising it, or calling them out. The agency wouldn't have tolerated such 'trouble making' with the client.

Things have changed a huge amount in the last 20/30 years, however, I'm still far too familiar with that old boardroom meeting full of 15 men and one woman - me. There are many more women entering IT but still not nearly enough.

Comment

Working...
      X