• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Difficult start to contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been looking for work actively for 6-8 weeks now. I would last week was when my phone really started to buzz for roles and interviews. I've definitely noticed a slow down in terms of the roles on the job boards so it looks like people are already well into the Christmas mood. Even the contract positions I have applied for start in Jan.

Comment

Every contract I've taken has involved poor HR processes, lag in system set up, the 'nothing to do/adding no value' phase - there's much more seasoned contractors on here but I'd consider this standard. Won't be the last time.

Give it time, head down, get to the end of the contract and reassess. I wouldn't start leaving contracts midway through so early in your contracting career, that's not a reputation you want.

Comment

Working...
      X