• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working at Risk

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
    You could do your own timesheets too. This could be a tactic to get some evidence in case you end up having to go down the collections/court route.

If there's someone around at the new consultancy who would sign your timesheets, send them an email saying as you haven't had everything sorted you're reverting to manual timesheets or something. send them a doc (freeagent can generate these if you're using it) and ask them to approve. Then invoice.

This isn't personally what I'd do, as others have advised I wouldn't be working at all, but since you've done the work already, you need to try to get the evidence.
    I think so. Get timesheets signed weekly and send invoices. Get some acknowledgement of them.

And get the end client to give them a kick.

Comment

Good idea

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      I think so. Get timesheets signed weekly and send invoices. Get some acknowledgement of them.

And get the end client to give them a kick.
      I'll do that now. I have freeagent, so the invoices and timesheets are easy peasy.

Thanks folks!
      The idiots are winning

Comment

Originally posted by donjuan75 View Post
        I'll do that now. I have freeagent, so the invoices and timesheets are easy peasy.

Thanks folks!
        Thanks, but I fear it may just be an OK idea rather than an actually good idea. Worth a go, I guess,

Comment

It's the change of agency that would worry me. If it's the same client and agency, and they just have an issue getting their PO through finance for a renewal, I'd be more inclined to keep working.. This is a bit risky though, the previous advice of raising an invoice sounds useful though.

Comment

Originally posted by l35kee View Post
            It's the change of agency that would worry me. If it's the same client and agency, and they just have an issue getting their PO through finance for a renewal, I'd be more inclined to keep working.. This is a bit risky though, the previous advice of raising an invoice sounds useful though.
            Talk to client as well and get a feel for where things are.

Comment

Working...
            X