• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business Banking and Loan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rocktronAMP View Post

A lot contractors would ruck up to work in GOV.UK with various BYOD machines, I saw loads of Mac Books, Asus Transformers and Surface 3 or whatever was portable and hackable on an overground train ride to London. The most important thing for security cleared (SC) projects was setting up file system encryption on the HDD for all source code and cloud container stuff. For Macs it was FIPS 2.0 and I forget what the tool was for Windows, maybe it was called BitLocker or something.

Anyway, if you don't believe me, then check out Github Alpha GOV https://github.com/alphagov
    I believe you. This is what I spent a lot of time trying to convince customers was perfectly secure if done right. Plenty of large companies as well. The government isn't always backwards when it comes to technology.
    And yes. Bitlocker. Although domestic PCs don't usually come with TPM installed.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

If you need a loan to get the equipment, I'd worry about the size of your war chest if the contracts don't come along quick enough.

Staying out of the "BYOD/which mac/car/watch should you show up with" debate...

Comment

Working...
      X