• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Opting Out Notification Of @#%$ Of Employment Agencies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opting Out Notification Of @#%$ Of Employment Agencies

Ok,

This is my first contract, supposed to start a week on Monday, Agency has just sent me a contract asking me to sign a form opting out of the 'Conduct Of Employment Agencies And Employment Regulations 2003 in accordance with Reg 32(9)1.

Read the act and reg www.legislation.hmso.gov....319.htm#32 but dont understand it ?? Anyone know anything about it. :hat

It seems that the agency don't either.

For them it seems too late for your signing this to make any difference.

32(9) only applies "provided that such notice is given before the introduction or supply of the work-seeker or the person who would be supplied by the work-seeker to do the work, to the hirer."

And as you already have the contract in your pocket you have presumably already been introduced to the hirer. Though I suppose that "introduction or supply" is ambigious.

Anyway should you sign?

If you are a 'professional' business then sign.

If you are a temp then dont.

tim

Comment

Cheers Tim

Comment

I had exactly the same request from the agency yesterday. They wanted me and my brolly to sign it. I'm still waiting to see what the brolly have to say about it.

Comment

hmmm.

When I signed my contract in Feb I wasnt given this opt out thing. Does that affect me in any way?

Mailman

Comment

Re: hmmm.

it only started in April. You are already opted in by default.

You may need to research this.

Comment

Working...
            X