• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Critical Illness and life cover

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So after all that time finally got my life insurance and income protection cover sorted.

I'm probably in better health than 99% of people, but due to a pre-existing condition (no issues from it, but they didnt exclude it or issues from it either, which is good), my premiums automatically have a 200% loading on top, literally just for having it! Awesome..

Never felt better for spending so much money a month on something I hope will be money down the drain..

Comment

Would you mind sharing who you went with and what premiums you're looking at? I still haven't pulled the trigger on a policy and I really should.

Comment

Not sure what there premiums are like but info here : https://www.contractoruk.com/insuran...nce_cover.html

Comment

Please make sure you have a warchest as well as this. I have depleted my warchest and have been waiting for a health related indurance payout for nearly 2 years. When i say waited I mean "have lawyered up and am putting on as much pressure as possible".

It is important to remember that insurance companies have entire departments dedicated to looking for technicalities on why not to pay out. Even where there are no technicalities insurance payouts often are a long drawn out process.

Comment

Working...
          X