• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CV re-design / re-write services

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CV re-design / re-write services

Have any of you ever used a CV writing/design service? I'm not a marketing person and don't think my CV is winning me enough attention from recruiters etc. so think it's time to get a pro to write it for me.

Any recommendations or suggestions on who to use (or not to use)?

If there's someone with particular knowledge of Investment Banking / finance in London then that would be ideal.

Thanks.

In all honesty, I wouldn't waste my money on it.
    Search through the internet for some CVs, pick the one you like and copy the format.
    Johnny Talibani Mumbai

Comment

.... and most importantly, have somebody else proof-read it for you. The number of CVs I've looked through with spelling & grammar mistakes - it automatically puts you off a candidate.

Comment

Yes, I agree. Keep it simple and neat with loads of white space - easy to read.

There are loads of good books out there with useful examples of cvs with nice formatting. I get loads of good feedback about mine and that's all I did. I've got a front page which summarises my main areas of expertise, the top para says how long I've been doing what I do, with bluechip, banking etc etc the other three pages list roles and main responsibilities and acheivements.

Hope this helps.

Comment

i'll do it, i'm well good.

Comment

I'm not so worried about the design, more about the wording.

Comment

Originally posted by super
              I suspect neither are the issue. Perhaps it's a lack of skills and/or experience?
              Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Originally posted by Flubster
                I suspect neither are the issue. Perhaps it's a lack of skills and/or experience?
                That's always possible, but I also wonder if it's how you present or word the skills which you do have.

Comment

That's always possible, but I also wonder if it's how you present or word the skills which you do have.
                  Difficult if you don't have any.

Only ribbing you super....

Are you sure it's not down to the market for your skillset..whatever that may be?
                  Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Well, you can just take a leaf out of the agents' book and make those up.

Comment

Working...
                    X