• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Excruciatingly low contract rates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by expat
    I think I would put this another way:

Any fool can program.
    Few can program well.
    Few if any agents know the difference.
    Muppets rule the market.
    So: there's no percentage in being good.
    Couldn't have put it better myself (apart from your use of the word "percentage", but I get the overall message)...

...the question is, does the entry barrier to something like .NET (ie the need to do quite a lot of studying and practice of the language & framework before you can create anything meaningful) keep the muppets out, and the demand/rate high?

Or would you say your theory applies to most/all of the contract programming world out there? I don't want to go back to support, and don't have 20 years spare to become a SAP consultant

Comment

Working...
    X