• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lloyds Bank Group - permanent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Sounds all too familiar. It's just a case of jumping from company to company as they bring things back in house.
    They could do a tag chief exec team.

Comment

Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
      You based in the City of London inv banking offices though? Outside London I am sure its a much different more positive experience I understand from contractors I met in London who travel to regional offices & only spend a day in City of London.
      Out here in the sticks it's a very positive experience.
      "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
      "See?"

Comment

Originally posted by NickNick View Post
        Out here in the sticks it's a very positive experience.
        Make sure you never relocate to the London offices then a completely different experience for some but not all contractors!

Comment

Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
          Make sure you never relocate to the London offices then a completely different experience for some but not all contractors!
          I worked at Emerald House a few years ago. It was OK until they cancelled the project one day and kicked all the contractors out on the spot!

Comment

Originally posted by NickNick View Post
            On the other hand....

I've been at LBG since last September and have been enjoying it greatly hence not coming on here for the past few months.
            That's causes its British bank were tbh it a piece of p*ss to work at, nice hrs, hardly any stress, yes I'm jealous as I'm at a US bank and done stints at LBG, RBS, ING, working at US bank or at least the one I'm at has aged me significantly. Only benefit I can see from it is working anywhere else compared to were I am now will be like a holiday.

Comment

Originally posted by Robk999 View Post
              I worked at Emerald House a few years ago. It was OK until they cancelled the project one day and kicked all the contractors out on the spot!
              Yeah sounds like London alright! Gresham Street offices are the worse of all though.......

Comment

Lloyds Perm

I have gone perm at LLoyds in December 2016 - works perfectly for my circumstances after contracting 13 years - WFH 3-4 days per week, decent pay and pretty good perks.

I think your getting confused on the pension - the 18% is you put in 6%, Lloyd's the rest - still not bad!

The sharesave is pretty good - you can put in ($ = pounds!) up to $150 quid and then they give you $30 and as this is done pre tax, for $180 of share per month, it costs you around $80 - not bad, just got to wait 3 years and also hope the share price rises a bit!

Also, you can get a staff mortgage - base rate on the first 200k then very low over that - you get taxed obviously but still a nice perk.......

Comment

Originally posted by SneakySimon View Post
                  I have gone perm at LLoyds in December 2016 - works perfectly for my circumstances after contracting 13 years - WFH 3-4 days per week, decent pay and pretty good perks.

I think your getting confused on the pension - the 18% is you put in 6%, Lloyd's the rest - still not bad!

The sharesave is pretty good - you can put in ($ = pounds!) up to $150 quid and then they give you $30 and as this is done pre tax, for $180 of share per month, it costs you around $80 - not bad, just got to wait 3 years and also hope the share price rises a bit!

Also, you can get a staff mortgage - base rate on the first 200k then very low over that - you get taxed obviously but still a nice perk.......
                  Don't you have a pound sign, "£", on your keyboard?

You look like a plant otherwise.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Stay Clasy

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Don't you have a pound sign, "£", on your keyboard?

You look like a plant otherwise.
                    I am abroad - I had better things to do than to hunt for a pound sign.

Comment

Sneaky Simon is on the right lines with the pension. I think it's 13% if you contribute 5%.

The bonus scheme sounds like Band F - Senior Manager type level, and it ranges from 0-40% depending on your performance rating. Only a tiny % of staff get the top award on the bell curve. If you get the middle rating then it's 20% supposedly. However this is subject to a number of multipliers depending on overall LBG performance, Divisional performance etc. Multipliers always seem to be less than 1.00, so I used to call them 'dividers'! The Senior Manager bonus scheme has different rules to the 'plebs' scheme I was on as a permie there (25+ years). My old boss got something like 11% as a middle performer, so lost 9%, because of this condition and that condition.

I left last summer. It wasn't the place it used to be.

Comment

Working...
                      X