• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can I un-accept a contract?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Contractingcontractor View Post
    Often true yes!

But this IS my dream company. For a million reasons. And contractors tend to stay a long time there. Lots of friends working there. I know how good it is. I also have a lot of respect for what they do. Huge fan of their work.
    If it is indeed all such a peachy dream, why on earth do you want to just contract there?

Obviously, in addition to that I worry for your mental health.

Talking about a corporate company in terms usually used by a breathless university leaver, when you are supposed to be a seasoned contractor just seems a little odd
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      If it is indeed all such a peachy dream, why on earth do you want to just contract there?

Obviously, in addition to that I worry for your mental health.

Talking about a corporate company in terms usually used by a breathless university leaver, when you are supposed to be a seasoned contractor just seems a little odd
      Odd, perhaps, not not much odder than somebody who claims long contracting experience seeking the advice of strangers on whether he is contracted!

Comment

Originally posted by Contractingcontractor View Post
        I think it's worth it. Even if only for 4 weeks. The contacts I'd make there would be amazing. It is likely to lead to all sorts of opportunities - opportunities I've wanted my whole life. I don't exaggerate.

I do know how contracts work. Been contracting for a long time. Just used the wrong word in my hurry to post. Should have written - Can I un-accept an OFFER...

Could it get legal though? That's the question. And do I un-accept WHILE they're still doing checks, or wait until I actually get an offer from the dream company?

So far I've been offered the job for every interview I've ever gone for, but that just means the odds are I'll mess up on this one.
        Thank you for this post and the rest of the thread. Been feeling a bit down today and reading this has really cheered me up now

Comment

Not sure if somebody has posted this already but why cant you work BOTH contracts, splitting time between both clients...if work for one client has a down turn then pick up more work with the second client and vice versa?

GE

Comment

Working...
          X