• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Equal Experts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by m0n1k3r View Post
    However negative I might appear to be about EE (I only expect the best of them because I know T, R, M (who has since left) and others there personally), so would I. Although it is quite sad watching the EE and CG teams blaming each other and trying to out-maneuver each other in projects where they are both suppliers just in order to try to get a bit bigger piece of the cake, even though it is not compatible with the terms of the contracts that require them to collaborate with other 3rd party suppliers.

Regardless, it is always better to work through a boutique consultancy such as EE than through a pure sales organisation such as your typical recruiter, as the people you get to speak to will actually somehow be involved in the delivery at some level, keep informed and actually know what they are talking about.

If somebody from such a consultancy state "Java Consultant" as their title, you know that you can get good advice about Java from them. If a recruitment consultant do the same, you won't. All they can do is evidencing a basic knowledge of some of the basic buzzwords, and otherwise be a decent sales person, but not the kind of 'consultant' to go to for proper, informed advice about Java.

I have seen quite a few recruitment 'consultants' calling themselves e.g. 'Java consultant' (and others) recently.
    The reason why they do that is to try and hide who they are to increase their chances of developers they try and connect with on Linked In accepting, quite sad really.

Comment

However negative I might appear to be about EE (I only expect the best of them because I know T, R, M (who has since left) and others there personally), so would I. Although it is quite sad watching the EE and CG teams blaming each other and trying to out-maneuver each other in projects where they are both suppliers just in order to try to get a bit bigger piece of the cake, even though it is not compatible with the terms of the contracts that require them to collaborate with other 3rd party suppliers.

Regardless, it is always better to work through a boutique consultancy such as EE than through a pure sales organisation such as your typical recruiter, as the people you get to speak to will actually somehow be involved in the delivery at some level, keep informed and actually know what they are talking about.

If somebody from such a consultancy state "Java Consultant" as their title, you know that you can get good advice about Java from them. If a recruitment consultant do the same, you won't. All they can do is evidencing a basic knowledge of some of the basic buzzwords, and otherwise be a decent sales person, but not the kind of 'consultant' to go to for proper, informed advice about Java.

I have seen quite a few recruitment 'consultants' calling themselves e.g. 'Java consultant' (and others) recently.
      Java consultant, what is that!?

There is junior or senior Programmer Analyst, java consultant is bulltulip. This kind of role titles must be for attracting consultants wannabe I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
        Java consultant, what is that!?
        Arguably somebody who can give in-depth advice about Java. I have yet to come across a "Java consultant" working at a recruitment firm who can do that.

Comment

Arguably somebody who can give in-depth advice about Java. I have yet to come across a "Java consultant" working at a recruitment firm who can do that.
          Haha yeah those cheeky recruitment bods do like to lord it up with their titles, I prefer the one said 'consultant' had 2 weeks before 'retail assistant at Carphone Warehouse, or bar supervisor at Weatherspoons'

Comment

Working...
          X