• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Letting Agents v Recruitment Agents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Careful, that's the current CUK Forum Personality of the Year you are being so disparaging to there.

It literally kills me with laughter everytime I see this online. There's always one douchebag that starts talking about grammar, like its shows he smart, when really no one give s sh*t. Guess we found the CUK douche lol.
    Last edited by Agent; 23 September 2016, 14:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent View Post
      It literally kills me with laughter everytime I see this online. There's always on douchebag that starts talking about grammar, like its shows he smart, when really no one give s sh*t. Guess we found the CUK douche lol.

To be fair, you didn't really do a very good job of it this time either

And he likes a good wind up, does Dodgy, he gets plenty of stick on here I can assure you

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

To be fair, you didn't really do a very good job of it this time either

And he likes a good wind up, does Dodgy, he gets plenty of stick on here I can assure you

Meh, too busy making 30% to re-read and check my posts.

Comment

Oh you're one of those guys, no real value to add so go along the grammar route, wow are you a smart cookie.. hahaha

Seriously, this is an internet forum, not a GCSE English exam..
          I am smart enough to realise that boasting and whining on CUK brings only abuse.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            I am smart enough to realise that boasting and whining on CUK brings only abuse.
            Totally, you'll be copying and pasting articles from the telegraph next

Comment

Totally, you'll be copying and pasting articles from the telegraph next
              I have lots of experience from doctoring CVs
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                I have lots of experience from doctoring CVs
                Just be done with it guys and get yourself a room an compare margins and tips, or "something".

Pretending not to like each other, does not wash with me.

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Just be done with it guys and get yourself a room an compare margins and tips, or "something".

Pretending not to like each other, does not wash with me.

I like DA, he's entertaining

Comment

These views on recruitment agents are so entertaining and narrow minded. Why should you know how/dictate much an agency is making when you don't know this for 95% of every other services you use?

There are tons of comparable industries, all that act as middle men and take their cut. Where does the transparency stop and why is there such a distinction between recruiters and other industries??

IMO The issue stems from the contractor believing that a recruiter is taking a cut of THIER margin when that's simply not the reality. The margin that a recruiter makes covers much more than pure profit on a single contractor.

The clients I work work take a large amount of my time for unpaid services - obviously these are not unpaid, no one works for free so the time / cost of this service to our clients must be recouped from our margins.
                    • benchmarking salaries / packages of competitors
                    • market intelligence gathering
                    • putting together job specifications
                    • on-boarding new permies
                    • advanced screening (DBSetc)
                    • vacancies cancelled after putting in weeks worth of unpaid work, rebate guarantees (often for circumstances outside of our control),
                    • payrolling of contractors (on what could be up to 90 day terms in some cases)

To assume that you have any level of insight into the actual profit the agency is making is just plain ignorance. If you could get your head around the fact that it's not your money that agencies are taking a cut of then you'd stress out a lot less about it.

You should really put yourself in the place of a recruiter to understand how they make money. I've been recruiting over 10 years and I'd happily say that I've earnt every 10%, 20% and 30%+ margin that I've ever made.

I could go on about how hard it is to be a recruiter, I worked 14 hour days for 5 years straight to make a living, forget placing and advert and sending the best 3 candidates, that's a false reality created by contractors just justify their views on agencies having low margins.
                    This response has really made my chuckle...in my experience the majority of recruitment agents I have dealt with are the most dishonest, underhand, money chasing, unprofessional breed of 'professionals' I have to deal with. I can cite numerous examples as can most of us on here, and which have been documented multiple times. And whilst the areas you list are not in dispute, it is the way these agents go about this that create so much agent/ contractor friction.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
                      This response has really made my chuckle...in my experience the majority of recruitment agents I have dealt with are the most dishonest, underhand, money chasing, unprofessional breed of 'professionals' I have to deal with. I can cite numerous examples as can most of us on here, and which have been documented multiple times. And whilst the areas you list are not in dispute, it is the way these agents go about this that create so much agent/ contractor friction.

Comment

Working...
                      X