• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any advice for government contracting?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    Can you do it? For less money than a good helpdesk op?
    Seems like a basic job for a seasoned PMO analyst who has worked in an ITL environment. I'll fit it in during my lunch hour
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      Seems like a basic job for a seasoned PMO analyst who has worked in an ITL environment. I'll fit it in during my lunch hour
      Which shows how little you understand about it. Heigh ho...
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        Which shows how little you understand about it. Heigh ho...
        OK, well if it's the job outline that's on there, it's not difficult. Perhaps you're the one struggling reading it. It's asking for the applicant to be able to support and assist, not actually do.

Key functions:
        Collating and writing documentation; despite being in IT, I'm fine with that.
        Attending regular meetings; yep, can manage that one.
        Planning and implementing service improvements; could be anything, very woolly. You could view that as writing an Excel macro!
        Ownership of service risk register and action lists; now we're getting there. Oh, wait, no, still a low level PMO analyst task.
        Liaising with project managers and wider NHS staff; nope, not beyond me.
        General admin tasks; I've been making cups of tea for over 25 years. 1 complaint in all that time.

Quals:
        ITIL foundation or equivalent experience; yep, anyone who has worked in an ITIL environment for 12 months.
        Project lifecycle shizzle. Two years for someone as a PMO analyst or junior BA should cover that.

Skills and Experience
        Strong organisational skills - a couple of decent projects under their belt in the role on the line below
        Project Support Officer/Manager experience - see above and the overall job role
        Knowledge and/or qualification in ITIL/IT Service Management ***knowledge*** - they know a top end Service Management professional wouldn't touch it with a tulipy stick.
        Strong interpersonal skills - one head, friendly, approachable and have the balls to pick up the phone and be proactive.

Come on, you're telling me that's a higher grade job? What is it, the Visio skills?
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I bow to your greater knowledge of something I've been doing for twenty years.

Just one small point - how would you design and implement a service improvement, usually with staff who don't like or want changes to existing practices?
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
          X