• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract ads that deal with 2-3+ agencies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doconline View Post
    I think the main reason which it may put people off is you can never be sure you have been submitted. I know this is true if a job is advertised through a single agency too. But it's a bit crap when you submit your CV to 3 agencies for the same job. Speak to agency 1, they say yes we'll sumit you, then you speak to agency 2 & 3, and tell them you've already been submitted, when in fact agency 1 hasn't bothered to at all.

One thing I've done in the past is say to agency 2, 'I think I have already been submitted, can you check with the end client'. Then it's down to whether the agent thinks you are a strong candidate or not and can be bothered to try and find out.

I think some agencies use some sort of centralised submission tool, not sure how widespread this is though.
    This. Always useful to ask if you've not got an existing relationship with the first agency.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      You seem to be struggling with the whole getting a gig thing. Why start with no contract? Contracting is about getting the gigs, it's our job. They bit at the client is the easy bit. Maybe a re-think of your approach to finding gigs? You know about Opt in/out, contract checks, not starting without contracts, negotiating? Get better at that and I'm sure it will go a little smoother.
      It was one of those, you start yesterday type of contracts, so no contract was in place and quite wasn't prepared to wait. Agent assured contract would be signed and done that week.
      To be honest I've rarely taken any gigs where I've been able to push back or have everything ship shape before starting.

Comment

Originally posted by johndc31 View Post
        It was one of those, you start yesterday type of contracts, so no contract was in place and quite wasn't prepared to wait. Agent assured contract would be signed and done that week.
        To be honest I've rarely taken any gigs where I've been able to push back or have everything ship shape before starting.
        You probably weren't insured to go on site.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          You probably weren't insured to go on site.
          And that is what he should have said, to them, in any case
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
          X