• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bailing on notice periods

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    This comes back to the point I have made many times about contractors and notice periods. If the work you were hired to do is complete, why the hell are you still there*. If your contract had zero notice on either side, or the client's at a minimum, and the deliverable is properly described in the schedule of work then you wouldn't be in this position. Notice is for permies, not contractors; apart from knocking lumps out of your IR£5 defence, it damages your ability to find new work.

*Actually I know the answer: the idiot agency can only think in terms of three month chunks and has no concept of delivery. They have sold the client something managed in duration rather than delivery, and will insist on being paid for it regardless of the commercial nonsense it actually represents.
    It was the client not the agent hat suggested the extension to end of August, they basically had no confidence in the new provider of the system and wanted a period of time as a retainer in case tulip hit the fan and it needed to be brought back on premises.

At the moment I'm doing the decommissioning of the existing system, but this is pretty much all sorted so it's a case of managing the resources who are doing the work, so can easily be handed over
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
    X