• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency foot-dragging about issuing contract

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    A lot of stuff seems to happen to you. Odd that innit.
    Ha ha. Because some of you lot would never admit when things go a bit pear shaped. Might ruin your forum cred ;-)
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      Agreed. But a lot will try it on because then:-

A) There no delay with getting body on site and money rolling in.
      B) Theres no work to do with amending the contract when contractor rejects it.

How many have experienced agencies who are slow to produce the actual contract but an opt form is sent within seconds?

Again, perfect situation with least hasssle for agent is you on site, having by default accepted the contract and opted out. Perfect day for an agent that is. If they can swing a "client has cut the budget by £50" a day before as well they'll laughing their nuts off.
      I would suggest that "trying it on" isn't the appropriate phrase. They are lazy as once they've got the client-contractor match-making done, the admin side doesn't matter to them as long as it's signed. They want to move on and get their next sale.

Perfect situation all round is best candidate gets offered the gig and they issue an IR35 friendly contract.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        I would suggest that "trying it on" isn't the appropriate phrase. They are lazy as once they've got the client-contractor match-making done, the admin side doesn't matter to them as long as it's signed. They want to move on and get their next sale.

Perfect situation all round is best candidate gets offered the gig and they issue an IR35 friendly contract.
        Yes thats part of it too. Once the deal is done their already counting the cash.

I would still say that certain agencies e.g. Hays deliberately delay the contract though to avoid this discussion.

Comment

Ha ha. Because some of you lot would never admit when things go a bit pear shaped. Might ruin your forum cred ;-)
          I actually have real life people to ask so I don't need to ask random people on an internet forum.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            I actually have real life people to ask so I don't need to ask random people on an internet forum.
            And many of us know how to deal with stuff so can avoid things going pear shaped. The other things that are minor irritations we deal with because it's part of the job.

I am of the opinion you make your own luck with a vast majority of agents. You sound like a dumb ass you'll get taken to the cleaners. Deal with them properly, know the tricks and play the game you'll have a much better ride. The newbie tax is a perfect example. How many newbies get screwed over by agents because they have no idea what they are doing? Most of them. You got played. You get better at it and the issues get less. Someone who seems to have endless problems with clients and agents should be thinking a little closer to home instead of blaming the clients and agents.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I think the OP has withdrawn from the contract, the forum, and life now!
              Perhaps he got scared off.

Or maybe the agency was so horrified they sent the boys round and he is currently trussed up in his new clients mail room with 'do not open till Monday' plastered across his bonce.

Perhaps we will never know!
              So now I am worried, am I being deceived, just how much sugar is really in a spoon full!

Comment

Agency foot-dragging about issuing contract

Think the OP bailed too soon. Don't work without a contract, but still leave it bubbling away whilst looking for something else. It'll either come good or another contract will turn up.

Comment

@OP - Is this your first contract?

Some people take the advice on CUK too seriously

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Im hoping some of you don't act like you do on the forum in real life also....

Comment

Im hoping some of you don't act like you do on the forum in real life also....
                      I'm sure plenty of us, or here, concur with that statement

Me, personally, I'm definitely worse face to face
                      Last edited by MrMarkyMark; 13 June 2016, 09:06.
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X