• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business saving account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business saving account

I have got quite a bit of money sitting on my LTD business current account (HSBC) and was wondering whether I could put monies into some business saving account to start earning interest?

Any recommendations please?

Originally posted by rorybracker View Post
    I have got quite a bit of money sitting on my LTD business current account (HSBC) and was wondering whether I could put monies into some business saving account to start earning interest?

Any recommendations please?
    Aldermore Easy Access account - 1.1% and simple to open and operate online.

Comment

Aldermore also do fixed term business savings up to 2%

Comment

Forgive my ignorance on this topic, how does taking business funds and moving them to a high interest account work from an accounting perspective ? Presumably you pay some tax on the interest? At what point does it become investment activity?

Comment

Cambridge and counties also have some better rates.

Save - Cambridge & Counties Bank - Small to Medium (SME) Commercial Lending

Comment

Originally posted by youngguy View Post
            Forgive my ignorance on this topic, how does taking business funds and moving them to a high interest account work from an accounting perspective ? Presumably you pay some tax on the interest?
            You just put it down as a transfer between accounts. YourCo pays corp tax on the interest.

At what point does it become investment activity?
            I'm not sure there's a clear cut answer. Check with your accountant.

Comment

At what point does it become investment activity?
              Savings are guaranteed and you can't lose your money, investing you take a chance and it may result in you losing your money.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy O View Post
                Savings are guaranteed and you can't lose your money, investing you take a chance and it may result in you losing your money.
                Not as straightforward as that.

See here. Trading or Investment Company | Liquidation | MVL Online®

It is only an issue if you're intending to wind up the company.

Comment

sheesh 1% and I've got all this money sitting in Barcs.

Comment

Originally posted by KentDogWalker View Post
                    sheesh 1% and I've got all this money sitting in Barcs.
                    Open hargreaves lansdown on business and buy some gilts bonds or whatever...
                    you pay CT on interest, but no CT on dividends...

Comment

Working...
                    X