• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't necessarily think the budget will make anyone excited or enthusiastic but I suspect it's more that people and companies will know what is coming and how it affects them once all the announcements have been made and the analysis done.

If a project needs to be done, the requirement doesn't magically go away, but if you don't know what changes the budget may bring which could influence certain decisions then it's right to hold off a short while.

Comment

Right. Going to the gym. Market is ****ed, hardcore you know the score.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        If a project needs to be done, the requirement doesn't magically go away, but if you don't know what changes the budget may bring which could influence certain decisions then it's right to hold off a short while.
        Yeah, I agree with that. On a personal level, it's similar to when you have a fixed rate mortgage which is ending soon: it's prudent to wait until you know what your new monthly payments will be before you buy a new car.

Comment

The Truss/Kwarteng mini-budget was exciting but that wasn't exactly a good thing. The new government need to set their stall out and hopefully start to rebuild confidence.

A lot of the people moaning about tax rises are the same people who moan about pot holes and public services not being great. Something has to give.

Comment

Working...
          X