• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by avonleigh View Post
    Just seen another role in Knutsford £251 - £261 inside for Test Automation. Barclays really taking the p1ss it seems.
    It might have become more widespread since open source tools began appearing so people could learn it at home but decent automated testers (which admittedly is not all of them) should be prized. By doing this they are offering no encouragement for people to stay doing it or start doing it.

Business and Industry is really doing their best to make sure the IT industry isn't sustainable in this country.

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post

Sounds like a rare niche that is worth being in at the moment. Congratulations!
      .Net market is usually one at the tail end of the market i.e. it's usually one of the last skills in demand.

If the market is asking for .net developers, it means the market is flying.

If the market is asking for Java developers then the market is rising or back to normal.

Currently noone is asking for either language. Which means the market is on its arse.

Also means, that the recovery will be slow. So for anyone thinking that once recovery starts it will be ok, it won't.

It means the rates will be low. I mean low. As there is an oversaturation of benched developers, like me, who will work for next to nothing.

The freshies, would have been promised jobs with high salaries only to find a dead market, tulip weather and rising rental market.

Comment

Originally posted by SchumiStars View Post
        Also means, that the recovery will be slow. So for anyone thinking that once recovery starts it will be ok, it won't.

Early on this year, most of us and you included were not expecting a major recovery this year.

I think the worst is behind his us, and the job market is off its lows, but still very bad.

Things should improve by April 2025. Hiring for the new tax year, the US elections will be over and interest rates will have been cut multiple times by both the BOE and Fed.

7 months is along time...

Comment

Working...
        X