• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Getting client agreements for other "perks" when rate rises are not on the table

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
    One day yes. 2 or three and it feels like a Phyrric victory when you consider the cost of train fare not being used when it's the same price for a season ticket each week as it is for 2 or 3 individual tickets :s

Objectively speaking, though, I suppose you;re better off.
    Season ticket costs roughly per week the cost of 4 day returns. So if you work 4 days you're just not making anything. I'd probably get anyway in this case, just to avoid the hassle of having to buy a ticket every day.

I time my arrival at the station to the minute! So that'd be minimum 2/3 minutes per day wasted. And its mega hassle when some of the ticket machines are broke!

To be honest, one day WFH a week is still 3 hours. Is one day where I can be home for a doctor/dentist appt, be able to drop daughter at childminder so wife can do an extra shift if she wants etc.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X