• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New two References trick

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New two References trick

I got a call " Hi, this is Steve from Agency X, got the perfect role for you, need two references to prescreen you first etc."
    Funnily enough I'd been talking to a fellow contractor about the 2 references a couple of days before, so I gave him my mate's number.
    Pimp calls my mate " Hi this is Steve from Agency Y, I understand you need some contractors asap etc."
    Meanwhile, I'd emailed my mate to warn him it was coming, He replied to pimp " Sorry Steve, I've just signed an agreement with Agency X to find me 150 contractors for a new project"
    Stunned silence from pimp.

How is this new?

Comment

Originally posted by Liamxtype View Post
      I got a call " Hi, this is Steve from Agency X, got the perfect role for you, need two references to prescreen you first etc."
      Funnily enough I'd been talking to a fellow contractor about the 2 references a couple of days before, so I gave him my mate's number.
      Pimp calls my mate " Hi this is Steve from Agency Y, I understand you need some contractors asap etc."
      Meanwhile, I'd emailed my mate to warn him it was coming, He replied to pimp " Sorry Steve, I've just signed an agreement with Agency X to find me 150 contractors for a new project"
      Erm... Right on dude.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Awesome. It's quicker to tell them that you'll give them two references when you've been offered a contract, as per the data usage and protection policy of your limited company.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

With friends like these...
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Cool story bro

Comment

Working...
            X