• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Experiment - Agencies charging 30% - Live Test Scenario

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OnceStonedRose View Post
    From the other side, surely a development manager must see the adverts placed by agencies for folks to fill their needs? If they spot the role advertised at £300 per day when they've been told that they are going to pay £700, do they not get any bells ringing, i.e. I'm gonna get a monkey here.

I would if I was a dev manager and I saw it.
    I've seen people on here who found out they were being marked up 50%+ by agencies, also that consultancies charged them out at 2-3X their day rate so it definitely happens. The reason they put it out to agencies to source is so they don't have to worry about finding someone so definitely not surprised when client has no idea how much someone is actually on

Comment

Working...
    X