• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract extension... (earlier IR35 Passed contract). Should we do a review of the ex

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract extension... (earlier IR35 Passed contract). Should we do a review of the ex

(The subject should be Contract extension... (earlier IR35 Passed contract). Should I do a IR 35 review of the extension - not ex )
    - not enough space for this, so I think the system cut it short there!

Guys

I am finishing my contract today, a contract that was IR 35 reviewed earlier on and passed by QDOS before me signing it.

Now, the end client informed me half hour back that they want my consulting for few more weeks, all terms and conditions and working practices (Outside IR35) being the same.

Should I have to get the extension reviewed by QDOS? I can, the cost is not big, but I don't have the time unfortunately.
    Would it be a problem if I accepted it without review? (given all terms are the same as the currently finishing one)
    Just so you know - I have the TLC policy with QDOS. Not sure if that requires extensions to be compulsorily reviewed (even if the terms are the same)

The paperwork might come through only on Monday for Monday start!
    The client is yet to get their internal approvals sorted (but will be known by evening only), and once that is through, my agency will be informed.
    So I guess the new paperwork won't be with me until Monday, for the Monday start.

I am thinking of maybe asking the agent to put the start date to Tuesday, so I can get the on Monday to review it by QDOS same day service(which I am sure will pass anyway, since other than the dates, everything else will be the same that QDOS had already reviewed, and where happy to pass it).

Thanks.
    Last edited by Milkyway; 15 January 2016, 14:32.

Would it be a problem if I accepted it without review? (given all terms are the same as the currently finishing one)
    Read the bit, you typed, in bold, do you think you need to get it reviewed (again), what's your gut feel?
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      Read the bit, you typed, in bold, do you think you need to get it reviewed (again), what's your gut feel?
      My professional and gut feel is that I don't have to, since everything remains the same.
      But I am not sure, and am uneasy to go with it just based on my gut feel.
      Just thought there might be many out there in similar situations anyway and past experience in this, especially when they have TLC with QDOS, etc.
      I have a plan B though, which is the Tuesday start bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Milkyway View Post
        My professional and gut feel is that I don't have to, since everything remains the same.
        But I am not sure, and am uneasy to go with it just based on my gut feel.
        Just thought there might be many out there in similar situations anyway and past experience in this, especially when they have TLC with QDOS, etc.
        I have a plan B though, which is the Tuesday start bit.
        Correct, that's how I see it.

I guess you will have to check the small print in your insurance contract, though.
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
        X