• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Updating my Ltd Company on a shoe string budget (ie ~£250)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updating my Ltd Company on a shoe string budget (ie ~£250)

Hi All,

My website is looking rather dated... I would like to get it spruced up. Its not massively used but I think it is worthwhile having an uptodate site. As an FYI, I am a Ltd Company Contractor.

I am already with an ok web company (Register.com) from a hosting point of view but would like to get someone to update my website for me.

I thought of going back to my Uni (seems so long ago now!) and seeing if anyone would be interested in doing it as a mini project, but decided ContractorUK might be the best place to start. Does anyone know any web gurus who would be interested in updating a very basic website and just helping to make it that litte bit better?

Nothing major but due to time constraints its easier for me to get someone to help sort it. Massive £250 budget which should be enough.

I can then chat with them on PM and take it from there.

Thanks

Originally posted by PermMCCon View Post
    Nothing major but due to time constraints its easier for me to get someone to help sort it. Massive £250 budget which should be enough.
    Rent a coder - Hire freelance programmers and designers

I'm sure someone based in the Indian sub continent will be more than happy to help.

HTH

BIDI
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Or https://www.peopleperhour.com/
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Thanks guys, NorthernLad shared the better one, I'll start contacting a couple of them over this weekend

Cheers

Comment

Naturally...

Comment

Naturally...
            Make sure you don't strain anything slapping yourself on the back
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              Make sure you don't strain anything slapping yourself on the back
              Lol.

Shouldn't have put that should I. Makes me sound like a stuck up ***t.

Comment

Lol.

Shouldn't have put that should I. Makes me sound like a stuck up ***t.
                Na....made me chuckle, as it goes
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Seriously, is it worth the effort? Do you get any contacts from it? I had a website for about 20 years (yes, from the mid-1990s) and the only contacts I ever got were agencies, who would probably have found me anyway. Eventually I handed over the domain to my brother (it's <surname>.com) and he put up a static page referring to my profiles on LinkedIn and Xing, and I just quit worrying about it and got on with my life.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                    Seriously, is it worth the effort? Do you get any contacts from it? I had a website for about 20 years (yes, from the mid-1990s) and the only contacts I ever got were agencies, who would probably have found me anyway. Eventually I handed over the domain to my brother (it's <surname>.com) and he put up a static page referring to my profiles on LinkedIn and Xing, and I just quit worrying about it and got on with my life.
                    Only value I see is when getting a direct to client gig and procurement google your company before adding you in to SAP. It appears the more stock photos of import looking meetings, professional woman in skirts and people on the telephone with that depth of field look, the better.

Very applicable to overseas gigs.

Comment

Working...
                    X