• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 Contract Negotiations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR35 / Ltd / contract thru Agency

Hello all,
    i am about to break into contracting too and i wanted to know something wtih regards to IR35 / agencies and contract.
    I have my own Ltd company.. and wanted to ask you a question..

Generally, if i take a contract thru an Agency, working as Ltd, am i automatically outside IR35?
    i have problems in understanding that issues about IR35..

thanks in advance and regards
    Marco

Comment

Originally posted by MmarcoM
      Generally, if i take a contract thru an Agency, working as Ltd, am i automatically outside IR35? i have problems in understanding that issues about IR35..
      No. As a responsible director of a limited company, you need to find out and understand fast. "I didn't understand" is no defence. If you are too stupid to understand IR35 yourself, seek professional assistance and guidance.

Read the guide to IR35 at http://www.pcg.org.uk then come back with specific questions if you have any. If you aren't a member, join. The cost of getting it wrong is too high for you to "not understand".

Comment

Hello
        yes i realized i have posed too vague question..
        so, let's put it this way...
        I am director of an Ltd. for that, my (myself) as a director / employee i am like a permie, inside IR35.
        My Ltd however is a SME, and so eligible to be taxed as alll SMEs are taxed.

I plan to start by getting contracts from Recruitment Agencies, working as Ltd.

My question is: do Recruitment AGencies generally complain if you want to take a contract as Ltd?

regards
        Marco

Comment

Marco, read the first timer guides here and at the PCG site. You have essentially no understanding of how the contactor market works and anything anyone said here would only serve to confuse you more.

When you have read both those guides cover to cover, you may find all your questions have been answered. If not, you can ask more specific questions here and we will be glad to help.

At the moment I fear it would be like trying to explain colour to a blind man.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
            At the moment I fear it would be like trying to explain colour to a blind man.
            Once the blind community have read this, expect them to ask for your head...
            Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Originally posted by MmarcoM
              Hello
              yes i realized i have posed too vague question..
              so, let's put it this way...
              I am director of an Ltd. for that, my (myself) as a director / employee i am like a permie, inside IR35.
              My Ltd however is a SME, and so eligible to be taxed as alll SMEs are taxed.

I plan to start by getting contracts from Recruitment Agencies, working as Ltd.

My question is: do Recruitment AGencies generally complain if you want to take a contract as Ltd?

regards
              Marco
              Oi! you trying to hijack my thread?!

So to summarise, so far we have the following bad guys: Xansa, Hays, Computer People and possibly Alex Mann.

Any others? Any agencies out there that are happy to negotiate?

Thanks

turbo
              Last edited by turbo; 16 October 2006, 11:49.

Comment

Hays standard contract is a narrow pass - according to B&C, so not all bad news.

Comment

But be careful, there are a few variations of contracts within Hays, mainly to meet client requriements I suspect: for instance there was a stinker for one of the banking contracts that the PCG got involved with and managed to resolve. It's worth checking anyway.
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Could anyone tell me if they've managed to get IR35 friendly contracts with any of the following: MA Associates, Aston Carter, Computer Futures Solutions, OTC Computing Ltd.

Thanks

turbo
                    Last edited by turbo; 23 October 2006, 11:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
                      they don't understand proper freelancing at all. .
                      Do the rest? No.

How many times have I rung ignorant EBs (99 per cent of them) and tell them I work purely B2B, therefore outside IR35 (which is shorthand for saying, under my own steam, where and whenever I choose, provided deadlines are met). They say, that's fine I'll send you the opt out form and we realise you are B2B because you have a limited company and are not going direct with the client but through us, therefore you aren't the client's employee (their version of B2B which of course suits only their own agenda, not the clients, although the client has been brainwashed to think otherwise). I then tell them what I mean by B2B (to suit my own and the client's agenda for ensuring I am not threat for employment tribunals and NI payment abdication by acting out as well as being contracted in words to be outside IR35 as a fully fledged outside supplier company not de-facto employee and they say......oh no, you will have to work on site full time, 5 days per week, be under client control with no rights of substitution ........ yawn!

I give up....

Comment

Working...
                      X