• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security Clearance Status

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    So have you told the agent yet??
    No f***ing point.

I've had agents tell me that you need SC for permanent jobs. Now having been hunted by those firms directly or knowing people who work for them I know they are talking tulip.

The OP needs to talk to the client directly, after all they know who they interviewed with.....
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      No f***ing point.

I've had agents tell me that you need SC for permanent jobs. Now having been hunted by those firms directly or knowing people who work for them I know they are talking tulip.

The OP needs to talk to the client directly, after all they know who they interviewed with.....
      +1, Speak directly to the client, agent will be a waste of time.

Comment

It's the clients call. They can do a number of things.

1) Tell you not to attend until the clearance comes through (Not being able to invoice)

2) Put you in an area where SC is not required and give you limited access to sensitive material.

3) Say unlucky and bin you.

I've had number 2 when a client dropped my clearance by mistake and it wasn't spotted until new client asked for it. New client still took me on reading up on the lower classified material

Comment

"July 2014" so a year later it lapses if not used....

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your help & advice. My new employer has managed to ListEx transfer the clearance & DBS have advised that as part of the ListEx transfer, my clearance will be re-instated to an "Active" status.

Now I just have to rely on this being the case & still starting my first contract in the New Year.

Thank you again & have a great Christmas and New Year too all.

Comment

Working...
            X