• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Please confirm that you are happy to be represented by XYZ for the role...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Good point.

However, it can be enough for good just to relate to your skills.
    I have had a few roles where I have negotiated a higher rate than advertised.
    The clients have agreed as they realise they are getting someone very experienced.
    That would come under "some combination of" would it not?

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
      That would come under "some combination of" would it not?
      Ah, once you include the word some, yes indeed.

Just off to get may Pedant cap
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        Ah, once you include the word some, yes indeed.

Just off to get may Pedant cap

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          And to be fair the 48 hours are meaningless....
          I don't think so. If you reply to an e-mail with that then 3 days later an agent rings and you explain you were put forward 3 days ago but gave them 2 days to get back to you or they lost exclusivity, and that agent puts you forward instead, if the original agency kicks off later on you can show them where to stick it. If they kick off without you sending an e-mail they'll just create a big enough tulipstorm that no-one wants to handle it.

Sure they might try to do that anyway but I reckon it gives you some recourse - especially since the 2nd agent would likely say to the client/1st agent that their exclusivity expired and you can forward them the e-mail.

Never trust an agent but at least in this scenario you are pitting agent against agent cos they all want their cut
          Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Comment

Originally posted by NibblyPig View Post
            I don't think so. If you reply to an e-mail with that then 3 days later an agent rings and you explain you were put forward 3 days ago but gave them 2 days to get back to you or they lost exclusivity, and that agent puts you forward instead, if the original agency kicks off later on you can show them where to stick it. If they kick off without you sending an e-mail they'll just create a big enough tulipstorm that no-one wants to handle it.

Sure they might try to do that anyway but I reckon it gives you some recourse - especially since the 2nd agent would likely say to the client/1st agent that their exclusivity expired and you can forward them the e-mail.

Never trust an agent but at least in this scenario you are pitting agent against agent cos they all want their cut
            Problem with the 48 hours is some clients take over a week to give feedback.
            In other cases the 48 hours means you have lost the contract.

So you need to tell the next agent to check regardless.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
            X