• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agencies for Security contracts?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agencies for Security contracts?

Hello,

Please can anyone advise me of any good agencies. I am an independent security company and finding it rather hard locating new contacts, and although I don't want to admit it. I'm finding it too much, I quit my job and went it alone, all was going well without the help of any agency but work seems to have dried up.

Please can someone help. A few good agency names or where I can start looking would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Cameron.

Originally posted by Zar View Post
    Hello,

Please can anyone advise me of any good agencies. I am an independent security company and finding it rather hard locating new contacts, and although I don't want to admit it. I'm finding it too much, I quit my job and went it alone, all was going well without the help of any agency but work seems to have dried up.

Please can someone help. A few good agency names or where I can start looking would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Cameron.
    Hi Cameron

This is a forum for IT contractors - you could be talking about IT security, but I get the impression you're not.

By all means hang around - a lot of stuff will be relevant to any limited company contractor, but not sure we can help with this particular query.

Good luck though - hope something turns up soon.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Hi Cameron

This is a forum for IT contractors - you could be talking about IT security, but I get the impression you're not.

By all means hang around - a lot of stuff will be relevant to any limited company contractor, but not sure we can help with this particular query.

Good luck though - hope something turns up soon.
      IT or not the component parts are probably the same. To be a contractor you'll need:-

An above average talent and ability to deliver. Preferably well above.
      Charisma. Be likeable. People should want you around.
      Know your market. Know where to find work.

The developer market is aflood with jobs so you get prima donna devs misselling themselves as experts in all the things as they can easily pick up well paying gigs from jobserve. However, if your market is not flush, you should really consider whether you cut out for this life.

If you've got some time and money to burn and you really want to do this, then you obviously need to work on at least #3. I wish you luck, but I don't think you're going to get any help here.

Comment

Working...
      X