• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract Agency Rate advice.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
    after they've signed the contract and have been paying the agreed amount for 3 months? no chance
    WHS

Kick-em tulipless.
    I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Surely a mistake is when they say "The rate is now £400/day", then the contract comes through, and it says eg £425, and you knowingly don't tell them.

Retrospectively back dating a rate cut further, when that new figure was never mentioned to you can't possibly be enforceable can it?

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
        Surely a mistake is when they say "The rate is now £400/day", then the contract comes through, and it says eg £425, and you knowingly don't tell them.

Retrospectively back dating a rate cut further, when that new figure was never mentioned to you can't possibly be enforceable can it?
        Their relationship isn't yours, so no, it doesn't matter and they can't make you eat a rate cut they never told you about. I actually had a colleague who rejected their renewal when the agency told our department he'd accepted.

He wasn't sure whether he wanted to stay, but I pointed out he had them by the nuts and he quite happily renewed for £150 extra p/d. They're almost certainty losing money on him but that's the price they pay for screwing up.

It's not their god given right to make a profit and it's their own problem if they failed to push a rate reduction on to you. They can only do this going forward where you have the ability to say "no thanks" and leave.

Comment

I think they'd struggle to justify a retro rate cut either ethically or under contract.*

* Unless it is one of our brands, in which case pay the money back.
          https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Working...
          X