• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hackspaces / Coworking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    However you are right - you need to network everywhere as everyone knows someone.
    I find that there is nowhere like air travel which such a high concentration of potential clients. It's a captive audience.

I once met a guy at baggage reclaim handing out cards at baggage reclaim in Munich airport. He had an MPEG4 business. I had no idea what the hell he was talking about, but admired his productive use of dead time at baggage reclaim. 2 Years later i was running a project that need an MPEG4 codec, I gave him a call.

He taught me an important lesson. Quick mental calculation tells me I have made over 400K directly through people I met in airline lounges and on planes.
    Last edited by clearedforlanding; 16 October 2015, 20:20.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
      I find that there is nowhere like air travel which such a high concentration of potential clients. It's a captive audience.

I once met a guy at baggage reclaim handing out cards at baggage reclaim in Munich airport. He had an MPEG4 business. I had no idea what the hell he was talking about, but admired his productive use of dead time at baggage reclaim. 2 Years later i was running a project that need an MPEG4 codec, I gave him a call.

He taught me an important lesson. Quick mental calculation tells me I have made over 400K directly through people I met in airline lounges and on planes.
      Possible? Yes, probable? Nope. Bullshit detector is going off wildly at your tale.

This piece of fiction just confirms the original perception that clearedforlanding is straight out of the sock drawer.

Comment

Working...
      X