• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SC Clearence and non-UK partner/room mates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asphyz View Post
    You're right, it wouldn't make much of a difference. I was just looking for solid information on it, there doesn't seem to be a lot.

So yes, really I am reaching for a hug in the form of success stories of similiar situations...
    There is no such thing as solid information when it comes to clearance criteria, other than the obvious negative factors like lying on the forms. The criteria are held by the people who do the vetting and those criteria are not only protectively marked, they're subject to change as threat profiles change.
    Fill in the forms, be honest and make sure the information you give is accurate, the only one who can tell you if it will pass or fail is the officer doing the vetting.

Oh and posting that you've been granted clearance (if you are) is probably rather unwise as proclaiming you're cleared to all and sundry, especially in public is a security breach that could lead to it being withdrawn.
    Last edited by TykeMerc; 30 September 2015, 12:00.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      I got my SC with a Russian Partner, after a year of waiting though and an interview......

Had SC previously (2009) while with same partner and no issue then. The reason last one took so long was because of the UK-Russia ill feeling at the moment, and they need to be assured of mine and her loyalties (the guy actually said that). Things only really moved when shot got British Citizenship. Even so she is now a dual national.
      Hey man, good to know; thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the other responces too - It essentially boils down to everything I have read and you guys said, case by case, just be honest.

Comment

Theres nothing you can do to change the past so you have three simple options:
        1. Apply
        2. Apply and lie
        3. Don't apply

I strongly suggest picking an odd number.

Realistically sc clearance is simple, you get a pass or a fail based on your past (which you can't change) so just apply and see what happens, worst case you fail and carry on with what your doing now if not you pass and start a new awesome contract.

Pretty much nothing to loose.

Comment

Originally posted by asphyz View Post
          Hey man, good to know; thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the other responces too - It essentially boils down to everything I have read and you guys said, case by case, just be honest.
          I'm pretty certain I was asked nothing about my previous girlfriends. Honesty is deffo the best policy when applying,

Comment

Working...
          X